How To Forward iPhone Text Messages | SMS & iMessage
Have you been wondering about how to forward iPhone text messages? Forwarding SMS and iMessage texts has been a process that has evaded even the most advanced of iOS “Power Users” for quite some time. It seems that Apple has decided to bury yet another useful feature in the most inconspicuous of places; The “Edit” field within your messages app?
That does not make any sense in our opinion. Why would a user associate the word “Edit” with the the word “Forward” within an SMS or iMessage? The answer is poor UI (User Interface) design. Yes, we know, poor UI design is not something that Apple is known for, but in this, and many other minor details, they have been known to make curious decisions that make no reasonable sense. The good news is that we have found the solution to the problem, and solved the mystery for our community.
Here are the steps for how to forward iPhone text messages with SMS or iMessage:
- Navigate to, and open your Messages app on your iPhone.
- Open the SMS or iMessage thread that you’d like to forward.
- Tap on the “Edit” button on the top right of your screen.
- Tap on the circle next to the SMS or iMessage’(s) you’d like to forward.
- Tap the “Forward” button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter new contact or phone number in the “To” field.
- Send your forwarded message to your intended recipient.
And…. That’s all folks! How easy was that? Makes you wonder why Apple would make such a simple task so complicated. Hopefully they will read this post and make some adjustments to iOS 5, and future versions of the software. Until that day arrives, stay tuned to iOS App Advice for all of your Q&A, and app review needs. We are committed to keeping you informed of the best news, reviews, and how-to’s in the world of Apple and iOS.