How to teach SiRi who your family members are
SiRi can recognize special commands referencing your family members, if you specify who your “Related People” are. You can say things like:
- Tell my wife I’ll be at the game on time.
- Call my sister.
- Email my partner about our media kit.
These commands can make using SiRi very convenient, but she won’t recognize who your wife, sister, or partner is, until you tell her by voice, or by adding a “special field” within each contact book entry.
Here’s how to teach SiRi who your family members are in your iPhone 4S contact book :
- Activate SiRi by double clicking the home button on your iPhone 4S.
- Tell Siri who your wife, sister, partner, etc, is by saying: “contact name” is my wife, sister, etc.
Or alternatively, you can:
- Look up the contact that you’d like SiRi to recognize.
- Select the “Edit” button on the contact entry.
- Scroll to the bottom of the entry and tap on “add field”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the entry and tap on “Related People”.
- Tap the type of relationship; wife, sister, etc.
- Enter the name of the person associated with that relationship.
Now you can easily execute voice commands, having SiRi call your wife, text your sister, or email your business partner.